Twenty years after the big push to make soccer “a thing” in the US, it’s worth asking: Did it work? More to the point, is soccer popular enough to be a lucrative venue for advertisers? In her monthly column for The Drum, Communicus CEO Jeri Smith reveals the data – and her insights into which consumer segments are passionate about the sport might surprise you.
Subscribe to Trends In Advertising
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up on the latest advertising trends and insights.
- Advertising Impact in a Competitive Environment
- Advertising to Multicultural Audiences
- Best Practices for Multimedia Campaigns
- Brand Linkage in Advertising
- Building Brands and Brand Equity
- Communicating in the Digital Space
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Your Creative
- New Product and Line Extension Advertising
- Optimal Spending and Wear-Out
- Research Best Practices
advertising advertising news Apple auto brand brand building branding brand relevance campaigns cause marketing celebrity challenges churn commercials companies competition consumer engagement consumers creative data digital advertising Hispanics holiday live broadcast longitudinal design marketing millennials mobile multimedia networks non-profit Olympics online advertising persuasion real time marketing research sales Samsung Social Media strategies Super Bowl taglines television trends Twitter